Trash Baby!


TerraDactyl has discovered the joys of throwing things away.  She LOVES to throw things away.  I have to keep the toilet paper up on the counter and out of her reach or she will throw it all away, one square at a time.  She is displaying a little confusion on the difference between "trash" and "recycle" though.  She likes using both bins.  But once she decides which bin she wants to put an object into, it's hard to convince her to use the other bin.  


And I definitely have to keep the wet wipes out of reach.  A couple times, she's managed to get a hold of them and empty the whole container out into the trash can.  Fortunately, it usually a fresh trash bag, so I still end up using them.  It's just a little more frustrating pulling them out of the package once they're crumpled.  

As you can see from these pictures, TerraDactyl is also enamored with the compost bin.  If I leave the cabinet door un-baby-proofed, it's a toss up between her reminding me to latch it and her reaching in and running off with the compost bin.  

The other day, when TerraDactyl was sitting in her high chair eating, she started asking me for the "book".  The only thing I could see was a magazine on the table.  So, I let her have it.  And it was just adorable watching her read the magazine.  She LOVED that magazine.  She wanted to read it after every meal.  And sometimes, she'd stop by the table in between meals to pick it up and peruse it.  

So serious.  She took that magazine reading veeerrry seriously.  I also really like the next picture.  Sometimes you just really need a cup of coffee in the morning, eh TerraDactyl?

Here's a video of TerraDactyl helpfully putting her toy spoons and spatulas away in one of mommy's drawers.  The most interesting thing about this is that she chose the correct drawer to put them into.  If I were planning on using them to cook, I'd put them in this drawer.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Honey, Where are my pants?

Furniture Galore!

Summer Camp