Hiding in Closets

The other day, TerraDactyl and I were in my room.  Then I walked out, expecting her to follow me like she always does... but she didn't.  So I wandered around and finally found her hiding in my closet.  Turns out, she just wanted a nice quiet place to poop.  :)

Sometimes, TerraDactyl gives off mixed signals.  Like when she points at her head and says "ha" aka "hat".  So I put it on.  And then she stands there and yells incomprehensible things at me.  It was actually really funny.  I think this was a case of child logic: I want to go outside, but mom always puts my hat on me first.  So I should ask her to put my hat on so then she'll take me outside.  

TerraDactyl has been VERY interested in mushrooms lately.  When we read the Bug book, she points out ALL the mushrooms.  And she always makes sure to show me all the mushrooms in our yard.  This one is a tiny black one, so you really have to look for it.  

Another fun/scary development:  the concept of portable step stools.  It's great problem solving skills and yet... it suddenly undoes all the baby proofing in your house.  Plus, this particular step stool is glossy, so it's a bit slippery on the hardwood floors.  

DH used the weekend to put a divider in our woodshed!  Now we can organize our wood by "New this year" and "ready to be burned".  Plus it stacks much nicer when there's a wall supporting each side of the stack.  I'm not sure what Riley was doing while DH was working, but he was filthy when I came out to admire the shed.  Absolutely covered in mud, from nose to tail.  I tried to get a picture of him, but it was too dark and he was too keyed up to stand still.  


 TerraDactyl and I walked into the kitchen while DH was making himself a grilled cheese sandwich...  with about 80 slices of cheese.  He didn't end up using them all, he was just storing them there, I guess?  It made me laugh.

Before bed, TerraDactyl always has to help put away her Duplos, but this video was a completely spontaneous decision to put away her books.  I was so excited.  TerraDactyl has also started to make up her own stories when reading books.  I'm not really sure what the stories are, but she'll sit there and babble on and on about stuff and flip pages.  It's pretty adorable.

TerraDactyl has certainly gotten more creative with how she chooses to play with her toys.  Here's a prime example of multitasking play:

If it hasn't been crystal clear from reading this blog so far, TerraDactyl ADORES Riley.  She Elmyra loves Riley.  Here she is, once again, trying desperately to show Riley just how much she loves him.  But sometimes, it's hard to get a puppy to hold still so you can kiss him. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Honey, Where are my pants?

Furniture Galore!

Summer Camp