Laundry Helper

TerraDactyl's version of helping with laundry:  stealing the dryer balls and running off with them.  Sometimes she'll climb into the dryer to get to the balls.  Sometimes she'll close the dryer door.  She also really likes pushing the button that tells the dryer that the door is shut so it's OK if it runs.  So far she hasn't been able to open the dryer door, so that's good, but I'm still keeping the laundry door shut, just in case.  


TerraDactyl's first go-kart.  She likes being pushed around the house like this.  But it's pretty rough on my hamstrings trying to run around the house pushing something that's 12 inches off the ground.  


Laying continues to be one of TerraDactyl's preferred fashion choices.  She even willingly wore her headbands for nearly 15 minutes after asking me to put them on.  Usually she wants me to put them on just so she can rip them off.  This time, it seemed like she was making a real effort to follow through on the choice.  


After a long hiatus from drawer sitting/standing, TerraDactyl is back at it.  Hopefully this was a one-off.  It makes me nervous that she'll either break the drawer or herself when she's standing in it.  Sitting doesn't seem so bad to me.  

I bought this little kitchen cart 13 years ago, when I was starting grad school.  I immediately split the leg of the cart when I was screwing it together.  Whoops.  No big deal, I just wrapped some wire around the leg to keep it from splitting farther and the cart still seemed sturdy enough.  (Hey, I was a poor college kid in a rush).  Well, this little kitchen cart has made 5 moves since then, I'm no longer a poor college kid, but I never did come up with a more permanent solution.  After nine years of marriage, DH finally decided it was time to fix the cart.  So he put some extra screws in there to keep the wood tight.  It looks so much better.  I wish we'd taken a before picture.  The split in the wood is so much less obvious now.  It does kind of crack me up though.  I don't think I ever imagined keeping this cart for 13 years, let alone leaving that same piece of wire on there...  :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Honey, Where are my pants?

Furniture Galore!

Summer Camp