Squirrel Alarm Clock

The last few days I've been waking up to the strangest noise.  It sounds like someone is either walking around on the roof, or things are being tossed up there.  Yesterday morning, DH caught the culprits in the act.  It was just one or two squirrels, high up in the trees.  They were pelting our house with pine cones.  I'm dead serious.  It's pretty ridiculous.  Plus, it wakes TerraDactyl up as well, so even though I can ignore them and go back to sleep, I can't because I have to take care of my baby.  I was perfectly content to let the squirrels do whatever, but I'm feeling less generous towards them these days.  They've definitely escalated the bad neighbor behavior.


Yesterday TerraDactyl spent some time harvesting and inspecting her hops.  She's checking to see if they're ripe enough to make an IPA...  If you can't tell by her face, it's a very serious business.  It's been fun watching things grow and ripen and then trying to identify all the plants and produce in our yard.  There is so much stuff!!  Later, TerraDactyl proceeded to shred the hops in the house, which was less fun.  They're pretty fragrant, and I wasn't that excited to have little tiny hop leaves on the floor.  :)

For the longest time I was unable to brush TerraDactyl's hair.  Every time I got the brush close to her head she'd turn her head to look at it.  After a while I gave up and decided to come back to hair brushing later.  It's not like she had all that much hair.  And it doesn't tangle up really.  Her curls are nice and loose, so they're easy to straighten out.  Well, the other day, TerraDactyl caught sight of her hair brush and she's been in love with it ever since.  Every time she sees it she wants to brush her hair.  It's adorable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Honey, Where are my pants?

Furniture Galore!

Summer Camp