Early Birds and Worms

I've never been a fan of eating worms, but apparently my daughter is.  She's quite the early bird.  Obviously, TerraDactyl gets this from her father.  I've never been a morning person, but especially not when I've been woken up multiple times over the course of the night.  Lately, TerraDactyl and I have been engaging in battles of stubbornness in the mornings.  She insists loudly that I should get up and I pretend not to hear her and attempt to sleep for another 30 minutes.  Of course, she gets her volume from me, so it's not like I actually get any sleep.  It's kind of funny, TerraDactyl babbles (loudly) while we're laying there in bed, but then as soon as we get up, she quiets right up and gets contemplative.  Hmm...  Maybe "funny" wasn't quite the word I was looking for...

TerraDactyl helping with the laundry.  Before long, she'll be doing her own loads.

With TerraDactyl waking up earlier and earlier (also going to bed earlier), nap times have been shifting around.  I've kind of got a feel for her rhythms in the day, but I'm thinking I should probably keep track of them so I've got more definitive schedule for her.  If we hit her nap times well, then she's happier in the evenings when DH gets home instead of just angry, cranky baby. 

This chair is juuuust right

I've added our 6 month clothes to the closet.  Apparently, it's a popular size.  There's a bunch of them!  We've also had to remove some bibs from rotation because TerraDactyl's neck is a bit thick.  No complaints from me though.  That means she's got good neck muscles, right?  Wobbly baby heads always make me so nervous. 

When she's happy, she's HAPPY!

Comments

  1. What a relief when her sleep schedule starts to resemble your own more! The sleep factor may be what I dread most about our own upcoming Adventures in Babysitting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Honey, Where are my pants?

Furniture Galore!

Summer Camp