Canning and Baking

Canned whole raspberries

We canned some whole, fresh raspberries.  One of the cans didn't seal though.  So I made a pearry pie.  This was a two-fer.  I got to get rid of some the pears that TerraDactyl has been refusing to eat and I got to add the raspberries that didn't seal. 

First batch of raspberry jam

We also made a small batch of raspberry jam.  I wanted to test the recipe before I committed to a huge batch of jam.  Plus, it's tough canning with a toddler.  I wanted some practice.

Finally used the clearance mint/chocolate chips I bought in January

DH discovered that his Garmin watch will give him badges for certain things.  So last Saturday his goal was to get 30,000 steps.  So he went for a run first thing in the morning.  When he got back, TerraDactyl was awake, so he took her for a long walk so I could sleep in.  And then we all went for a hike!  It wasn't super long (about 4 miles) but I was pretty tired of packing TerraDactyl around.  One of these days, she'll be able to walk herself, instead of being carried - I can't wait!

She held onto that daisy for about 2 hours!

Got her hat, keys, and shoes - TerraDactyl's ready to roll

Good puppies get feet pets!

Turns out, one laundry basket is no longer enough for TerraDactyl.  And she's pretty stubborn.  We're still working on her problem solving though...



One day, TerraDactyl spent half an hour moving DH's hiking boots all over the house.  She dragged them all the way into the kitchen and then back again.  I think it was probably a pretty good workout for her - those boots are heavy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Honey, Where are my pants?

Furniture Galore!

Summer Camp