A Productive Weekend!

We had a great weekend.  We got so much stuff done...  it felt wonderful.  DH and I got rid of some furniture that didn't fit well in our new house, so it had just been hanging around in our carport.  Stuff like that really stresses DH out.  And TerraDactyl...  She learned she could put things INTO boxes! 

Where did I leave my measuring cup?

It was an accident at first.  She kind of tossed it and it just happened to land in a box.  But she was very excited about it. 

What's this?!?!

I love that photo.  It's blurry, but she was SO excited when she pulled that measuring cup out of the box.  It was just like a magic trick. 

Ta Da!

DH hung a towel bar for me in the kitchen.  I'm SUPER excited about this.  Previously, I had to walk across my kitchen to dry my hands.  It might not sound like a big deal, but when you've got a 9 month old hanging onto your legs, taking a few steps is a big production.  And when your hands are dripping and the baby's crying...  It's beyond stressful.  It's amazing to be able to wash and dry my hands without taking a step. 

There's even the perfect space for a towel bar!

This brings up a question that's been bugging me.  Why do they make studs 16" apart and towel bars 18" long?  I would MUCH rather sacrifice two inches of towel bar so that I could have my towel bar anchored in studs rather than drywall anchors. I've held this opinion for years, and I'm sure it will only be reinforced now that I have a child who will no doubt be hanging off the towel bars before long.

TerraDactyl is learning to enjoy her books (and not just throw them on the ground)

We also had a bit of a scare.  I think TerraDactyl had her first food reaction.  She definitely had some sort of reaction.  She got red splotches all over her body.  She didn't seem too upset about it.  I had a hard time getting a good picture because she was too busy playing.  I cooked her an egg in avocado oil.  So I think it was either the egg or the avocado oil.  I'm hoping avocado oil.  Eggs seem really hard to avoid.  I assumed it was OK to cook in avocado oil since TerraDactyl had eaten avocado and not reacted, but I guess babies don't always have a reaction the first time or so eating a new food.

Poor kiddo

Also, you can tell that DH dressed TerraDactyl this weekend because she's in a fancy outfit.  Adorable bear corduroy overalls.  She was so cute, crawling all over with those little butt pockets. 

SO cute

I WISH I had a picture of DH's face when I told him it was easy to change TerraDactyl's diaper in this outfit because of the crotch snaps.  He had no idea they were there.  He dressed her like and adult, feeding each leg through the pant legs.  LOL.  It was pretty funny. 

Wiwoo!

We've been having a hard time changing TerraDactyl's diaper because she pitches a fit every time you lay her down.  So I've been letting her play with my phone while I change her.  But she tosses my poor phone on the ground about twice a diaper change.  So we got her a cheaper toy to throw on the ground.  The Wiwoo has a built in speaker so she can listen to music and the ears light up which she also likes.  It's got a bunch of other functions (games, photos, videos, audio recordings, etc).  But all we wanted was a small mp3 player with a built in speaker.  So far, it's working awesome.

Hey mom!  Did you know there's a hole in this book??

Comments

  1. Hooray for first steps! And boo to allergies >:(
    But hooray for Stack The Cats! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TerraDactyl LOVES Stack the Cats. And I really like it too. I think it's a great first math book. Counting and grouping... even subtracting. But simple and fun.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Honey, Where are my pants?

Furniture Galore!

Summer Camp