Too Hot for Clothes!

Yesterday was another scorcher.  Made even worse by the fact that it did not cool down very much at all the night before.  I usually end up closing our bedroom windows after one of our middle of the night feeding sessions, but not this time.  It was still too warm in the morning.  So, I decided it was too hot for clothes.

The bib is a convenient spit up catcher...

I did my best to facilitate napping for TerraDactyl.  We hung out under the giant ceiling fan in the front room (also on the north side of the house with thick curtains).  I kept all the curtains closed and the lights off.  I stayed on top of diaper changes and feeding sessions to try and keep her from getting too worked up to fall back asleep.  And, I think it worked.  TerraDactyl got a few afternoon naps in.  Unfortunately, she would not nap unsupervised.  She was in my arms or in her Baby Bjorn being bounced constantly.  If I changed the bouncing rhythm she would wake up.  Fortunately, the ceiling fan works great as a metronome.

That is indeed my toe - I didn't even stop bouncing for this picture!

Since it's been so hot, I've also been skipping the moisturizer.  I'm being a bad test subject.  But TerraDactyl's elbows look better after not using the moisturizer the other day, so I want them to completely heal up.  And the moisturizer is petroleum jelly based, which creates a moisture barrier, meaning sweating will not help cool the skin down.

Riley knows the best seat in the house!

Oh, and the robot vacuum got itself stuck under my rocking chair.  When I pulled it out all the lights were off and it wouldn't start up when I pushed the "go" button.  I thought I'd broken it!  Turns out that there's an on/off switch on the bottom of the vacuum.  I'd accidentally flipped the switch when I picked it up.  Phew!  So he's still hard at work cleaning up dust bunnies and pine needles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Honey, Where are my pants?

Furniture Galore!

Summer Camp