Back to Reasonable Temperatures

Well, it was only in the eighties yesterday, so THAT was a huge relief!  TerraDactyl was so much happier in the cooler temperature.  She even needed to wear clothes so she didn't get too cold! 

The squinty-eyed-smile comes from my mom's side of the family

Since TerraDactyl was calmer, I was able to get more done.  Mostly a lot of laundry.  I got the sheets (and blankets) washed this time!  I did like 5 loads of laundry.  It was a record.  TerraDactyl was calm enough that I tried to get her to nap by herself.  It worked OK.  She didn't stay asleep long in her bassinet.  I almost got her to fall asleep in her Mamaroo.  She was so close.  But then she decided that was no good. 

She's thinking about sleeping...

DH had to work an hour later yesterday.  He was super worried that we'd be eating each other alive or something, but we did alright.  It's a good thing my day managed to be semi-productive because my evening was not.  Usually I hand TerraDactyl off to DH when he gets home and I do all the chores I didn't manage to finish while he was gone.  But last night we ended up watching the (spoiler) last game of the NBA finals.  It was a nail biter.  I didn't even really care who won (since the Trailblazers got knocked out by the Warriors) and I was still on the edge of my seat!  I was so into the game I forgot to eat dinner until it was over.  So there went three hours of my evening.  ;) 

When the 4th quarter started I think there was like a two point difference in the score (it was super close) and the media people were trying to interview one of the coaches during the game.  These interviews always annoy me - I'm trying to watch the game, not some stupid interview...  Anyways, the coach was super abrupt.  He just said "More of the same" and went back to trying to coach his team.  It was hilarious.  I kind of wish all the coaches would do that and then maybe they'd stop trying to do those interviews during game play.  :D 

The best time to nap is right after eating

That picture is TerraDactyl napping on "My Brest Friend".  It's a breast feeding pillow that straps around my torso.  It's like a big flat platform that TerraDactyl rests on while she eats so I don't have to hold her up.  I've got a Boppy, but I prefer the My Brest Friend.  It's just more secure.  The Boppy is smaller though, so it's a little more convenient if we're traveling. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Honey, Where are my pants?

Furniture Galore!

Summer Camp