A house Without Chocolate Chips

TerraDactyl and I had spent a not insignificant amount of time in the wee hours of Sunday night being waaay too alert.  She wasn't crying, just... wide eyed and observing the world.  I spent longer than I would have preferred bouncing on the exercise ball before she was willing to close her adorable eyes.  So when my dad and brother stopped by yesterday morning before leaving town, I ended up sleeping through a lot of their visit.  (Sorry guys!)  But TerraDactyl was up and ready to greet the day.

Bright eyed and bushy tailed

My cake has been gone for a few days now and I've had no dessert.  A very sad state.  I've been craving chocolate, so I figured I'd make myself chocolate chip cookies.  Another dessert easily made with staples I always have on hand.  ...Or so I thought.  Apparently, someone-not-me ate the last of the chocolate chips and did not put them on the grocery list!  It was a shocking realization for me. 

I'd almost resigned myself to not getting dessert when I remembered that I'd been overly ambitious when purchasing supplies for Christmas cookies, so I had a bunch of baker's chocolate.  I chopped the heck out of the bars of chocolate and made myself some cookies.  They don't quite look like Nestle's chocolate chip cookies, but they taste just fine. 

Chocolatey deliciousness

Don't worry, I've got chocolate chips on my grocery list now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Honey, Where are my pants?

Furniture Galore!

Summer Camp